The process of planning tasks at Nesher includes proactive reference to the issue of safety, in order to identify and prevent potential accidents at the planning phase
Nesher, as a leading company in its field, is committed to prevention of damage, injury and illness, and to the minimization thereof, among its employees, its customers, and the plants’ neighbouring population.
Injury-free ongoing operations and total commitment to the prevention of occupational accidents are company core values, defining its entire approach. The company management and employees share responsibility for safety, and dedicated control mechanisms at the senior management levels deal with this issue.
The process of task planningat Nesher includes proactive reference to the issue of safety, in order to identify and prevent potential accidents at the planning phase. Risk assessment processes are implemented for each task in order to identify safety vulnerabilities in the work environment before it is carried out,, helping to prevent failures and accidents.
The working and safety instructions developed by the company are designed to protect the user throughout the production, transportation, storage and use of the products.
User work and safety instructions
Manufacturer name: Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Ltd.
The product: Portland hydraulic cement
- The cement contains: a mixture or limestone and clay, which have been converted into minerals in a baking process; calcium oxides, silicates, aluminum and iron oxides; and a mixture of added materials, such as lime and crystalline silicate, which are included in the mixture as separate substances.
- The main added materials are ground limestone, suspended coal ash, gypsum dihydrate and surfactants of the triethanolamine type.
- The product is approved for marking with the Israeli Standard IS 1 mark.
- Cement is a fine powder containing particles smaller than 2.5 microns. In direct exposure, the total suspended particle content in the workspace shall not exceed 10 mg/m3.
- Inhalation of cement dust may cause a burning sensation and irritation of the pulmonary tracts.
- Ensure that the concentration of suspended particles in the air is below the permitted level of exposure.
- Cement is a base substance (12.5 > PH). Cement dust may cause swelling of the eyelids and inflammation of the eye sockets and the retina.
- Safety goggles with side shields must be worn in situations of uncertainty or under ambient conditions where the worker is exposed to large quantities of suspended particles. Airtight safety goggles must be used.
- Cement may cause skin irritation while it is wet. Prolonged contact with wet skin may cause burns.
- Allergies may develop and in certain people even eczema.
- Wear suitable protective work clothing and proper gloves or any other suitable protective gear.
- In case of contact with skin, wash the affected area with non-acidic PH 7 soap and water. In case an irritation or inflammation develops, seek immediate medical care.
- In case of swallowing cement, do not induce vomiting. Drink large quantities of water, only on condition that the patient is conscious, and see a doctor immediately.
Transportation and storage
- A bag of cement weighs 50 kg. A bag is not permitted for haulage by a single person. Use suitable load-carrying gear.
- Store the cement in such a manner as to prevent dispersion of dust during transportation. In case of spillage, use dry cleaning methods, such as will prevent dispersion of the cement dust in the air or its penetration of water systems.
- Cement is neither flammable nor explosive.
- Store the product in a dry place or in a suitable container.
The material presented in this brief data sheet is regarded by the Nesher Company to be accurate at the time of its production for the user. The user is responsible for reading the full data sheet (MSDS) and for compliance with all of the requirements mandated by law and the regulations which are known to be safe for the purposes of transportation, storage and use. The user is responsible for understanding and awareness of all of the potential risks concerning mixing Portland cement with other materials. The manufacturer and distributor do not provide any warranty, letter of guarantee or warranty certificate, which states or implies or alludes to the product or to its commerciality or suitability, and neither does the manufacturer guarantee the accuracy of any information which has been provided in these data sheets by the Nesher Corporation. All this having been said, with the exception of an unequivocal guarantee of the compliance of the product with the requirements of Israeli Standard IS 1.
For further details please contact the Process Support department:
Or call our consumer hotline:
The company attaches great importance to its neighboring communities, with whom it keeps an ongoing dialog. Nesher involves these communities in the processes relevant to them.Read More
Nesher has placed high on its agenda the integration of industry, environment and community, and operates in accordance with a multi-year plan intended to expand the community activity and its community relations.Read More